Opportunities for Early Childhood Professionals
ARCQE is pleased to offer a variety of Professional Development (PD) Opportunities for Early Childhood Professionals inclusive for early learning and school age care. All of our training and workshops come with a certificate to use as evidence of continuous learning. We currently offer regional, site-specific, and E-learning training opportunities.
PD Funding is available to eligible registrants to cover the costs of all ARCQE workshop / conference registrations, up to $500/year for Child Development Assistants and Child Development Workers, and $200/year for Child Development Supervisors.
PD Funding Information
- Child Development Assistants (level 1) and Child Development Workers (level 2), please apply to:
Alberta Children’s Services, Child Care Accreditation Funding Program
Sterling Place, 9940 – 106 Street
Edmonton, AB T5K 2N2
For further information call 1-800-661-9754
For more details, please review the Accreditation Funding Guides below:
- Guide for Licensed Day Care Centres
- Guide for Contracted Family Day Home Agencies
- Guide for Licensed Out-of-School Care Programs
For application forms, please use Supplementary Form B (and Form A if applicable) under Accreditation Funding.
* Eligible Child Development Assistants and Child Development Workers can use up to $500/year to which they are entitled towards registration fees for approved child care conferences and workshops.
- Child Development Supervisors (level 3), please apply to:
Association of Early Childhood Educators of Alberta (AECEA)
Suite 54, 9912 – 106 Street
Edmonton, AB T5K 1C5
Toll free: 1-877-421-9937
* Eligible Child Development Supervisors in pre-accredited and accredited programs or agencies may access up to $200/year to attend approved child care conferences and workshops.
Did You Know?
ARCQE onsite workshops qualify for staff PD funding too!
If you would like us to come to your centre to deliver a specific workshop, your staff could choose to pool their personal PD funding together to cover the workshop costs.
For example, if you have 25 staff attending a 6-hour PD day onsite workshop which costs $1,030+GST=$1,081.50, each eligible staff could access $1,081.50/25 = $43.26 in PD funding. It is normally less expensive than attending regional workshops, plus you could have the workshop customized to meet your program needs and stop waiting for the workshop that you want to be scheduled regionally!
If you have any further questions, please contact our PD coordinator Joyce Li via firstname.lastname@example.org.