About the Program
LINK provides 25 hours of onsite service support, with 6 hours of follow up support to review progress and provide further recommendations and strategies. This provincial contract offers sponsored support to programs at no cost.
Critical areas for support are:
- Effective Supervision
- Child-Staff Ratios
- Staff Qualifications
- Child Guidance
- Meeting the Developmental Needs of Children.
To qualify for sponsored support, the programs are referred to ARCQE by their regional licensing officer or the Ministry of Children’s Services.
Participating programs must them commit to the following:
- Attend a pre-service orientation meeting.
- Support hours completed within the established timelines.
- Competition of all action plan items.
- Participation in pre and post evaluation processes.
How is support delivered?
The support process includes:
- Initial meeting
- Development of Action Plan
- Service Support Delivery (Coaching Visits)
- Final Review & Recommendations
- Completion of a Service Review
The ARCQE Team is excited to be continuing to grow and expand our support to Early Learning and Child Care Programs. LINK has been designed to assist programs with continuous quality improvement relating specifically to better understanding and consistently meeting provincial child care regulations.
There is now online access to a self-referral application form (see below) for all licensed child care programs in Alberta who may be seeking coaching support in this area of work. There is no fee for programs to participate in this Ministry-sponsored service.